Been awhile since I’ve posted.
As many of you know, with the sad demise of Carrie — who passed away from old age, having recently celebrated her 1,100,000,000th birthday — it has fallen to me to maintain this blog’s high standards. Therefore, before beginning this post, I was very careful to remove my pants. Also, because we are a bit entropic around here, I did not fold them up. They are crumpled! On the ground! Ha ha!
Exciting things which have happened on planet Pete:
1) We entered all of our books into Readerware’s wonderful software, and were pleased to find that we have something in the vicinity of 1,200 books. Bliss! But we need more, more damn it.
2) Mister Baby is getting really good at focusing on the world around him. Specifically, he likes to focus on mine and my wife’s faces. Sometimes, we get smiles, biiiiiig grins. He’s just on the verge of laughing. He makes other sounds, but he’s almost there. It’s interesting to watch.
3) Other times, he gives me this stern-serious-ominous look which freaks the shit out of me and looks like he’s about to send me to the cornfield, and then I give him to Mom.
4) God in the Machine is going well. Episode 5 comes out this coming Monday. It’s a complicated series, full of complicated episodes, and I’m having a blast.
5) I gave up working on the first draft of Rome. I failed to start a 2nd draft properly. Lori convinced me that the first draft was fine. So I’m back trying to tool that into something I can enjoy working on. No success yet.
6) I just ate a pound of Jambalaya or so, along with corn on the cob. I am so full.
7) But this delicious Rooibos tea is definitely helping.
8) I love all of you.
9) I’m going to go write.