I’ve been tagged, yo! It sounds much more exciting that way. Jenna tagged Lori, who tagged quite a lot of people, among them myself and Carrie. So here we go. Let’s see if I am any more aware of myself than, for example, flower shop locations.
8 Things I’m Passionate About
- Freedom of Speech/Censorship
- Doing Good (or failing grandly)
- Making people think
- Making people laugh
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Write a book like Last Chance to See, about marine biology
- Write until there are no more stories
- Travel everywhere
- Deep sea exploration
- Sail across the Atlantic
- Matter (lame? Sure.)
- Learn more about lots of things
8 Things I Say Often
- You know?
- Where did I put my tea?
- God, but I wish I’d written that…
- I love you.
8 Books I’ve Recently Read
- History of Science Fiction of the 20th Century by Frank Robinson
- Wolf’s Complete Book of Terror edited by Leonard Wolf
- The Short Stories of Guy de Maupassant
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- The Astounding Science Fiction Anthology edited by John W. Campbell, Jr.
- Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman
- Fallen Dragon, by Peter F. Hamilton
- 100 Stories, by Ray Bradbury
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over
- Hallelujah by Various (favorite, by Rufus Wainwright)
- Thrill is Gone by B.B. King
- Boom Boom by John Lee Hooker
- Johnny B. Goode, by Chuck Berry
- Walkin’ In Memphi, by Various (prefer the Lonestar version)
- Symphony No. 9 by Beethoven
- Night on Bald Mountain, by Modest Petrovich Moussorgsky
- Shipping Off To Boston by Dropkick Murphys
8 Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends
- Need to understand
8 People I Think Should Do Crazy 8s
(why is this part of the list the same? Er. Because frankly, I don’t know that many people. In fact, this is pretty much it, right there. I know, cop-out, huh?)